N atural England asked me to carve some flora and fauna that had colonised old coal workings using timber found on site. The adder was from a 6ft log and took full advantage of a side branch to make the head. The Bog Cotton was quite a challenge as I could not find any pictures of seed head before it produced the cotton. I tried Google and the books and friends I consulted but eventually, the Kew Gardens sent me a picture. The Large Heath Butterfly was no problem, the Crested Grebe was just fun to do, and the Dragonfly was simple once I had found out how many segments there were in the body. However, the Nightjar pictures are a nightmare. They have such wonderful camouflage that it is difficult to see the outline of the bird.